14 January 2009

AIR Show Opening 2009

I know this is Highly Unusual....But...a rare Night Time Blog...

Tonight I went to the Artist In Residence Show down at The Showroom. I must say..quite a bit of talent there.
There were Sculptures....Video Production......and several Pictures....One In Particular I found Very Interesting.... it was called " D*** Squirrels After My Pecans " and I found it Interesting...In this picture was depicted an Old Man sitting in his Kitchen with his Shotgun pointed out the window at a yard filled with Squirrels the funniest part of the picture was the shotgun was focused on one squirrel and the squirrel had its paws raised in surrender. another i guess you could call it " sculpture " was one entitled " Bigfoot" consisted of a pair of big hairy feet at the bottom of a sheet that was covering the rest of " Bigfoot " as if it was hiding.

If you Didn't make it there tonight...I am sure it will be on display for some time.

The Showroom is Located at :

149 S.Daniel Morgan Ave
Suite 2, Spartanburg SC 29306

No comments: